Anthony Costa Foundation
Welcome to The Anthony Costa Foundation.
Making a positive impact in communities where our family lives and works.
In 2011, at the same time as forming Costa Asset Management Pty Ltd, Robert and Anthony together with both their families founded a charitable foundation as a legacy to their forebears and an appreciation to the community in which they live.
In February 2017, Anthony passed away very suddenly, leaving a huge void in the family, the business and the community. As a testimony to Anthony’s pivotal role in the creation of what we know as “Costa” and his own invaluable contribution to society and the lives of all those who knew him, the families resolved to name this foundation in his honour. The Anthony Costa Foundation seeks to continue his legacy in the same spirit in which he lived.
The Anthony Costa Foundation supports charitable causes that align with the Foundation’s areas of focus.
AREAS OF FOCUS
Given the strong ties the Costa family has to Geelong, the Foundation’s focus for giving is primarily on eligible projects and initiatives within the Geelong region and other regional locations in which Costa Asset Management invests.
The Foundation has a strong focus on youth and in particular:
- young people living with a disability;
- and those from under privileged backgrounds, arising as a result of their socio economic circumstances or refugees or indigenous backgrounds.
The Anthony Costa Foundation supports charitable causes which align with the Foundation’s key areas of focus:
Education – facilitating learning, knowledge, skills, values and fostering of positive self esteem. The Foundation is interested in applications that:
- support young people in gaining skills through education which assists them in securing employment;
- help keep young people engaged in education and learning.
In the past the Foundation has supported Scholarships for Geelong Christian College, the Gordon and Skyline Foundation and capital works donations to Kids Plus and various Geelong based schools and colleges.
Health – promoting wellness and forming a state of complete physical, mental and social well – being. The Foundation is interested in applications that:
- Promote active and healthy lifestyles and life style choices;
- support prevention and early intervention efforts related to mental health; and
- medical research
Examples of charities that the Foundation has supported in the past include a dental health program in Timor Leste, With One Voice – Geelong Choir, Lifeboat Geelong Foundation and Ocean Minds.
Social Welfare – providing assistance to disadvantaged members of the community. The Foundation is interested in applications that:
- focus on alleviating poverty, through assistance with education and employment opportunities; and
- Support programs aimed at food security.
In the past the Foundation has supported Foodbank Victoria.
Community Housing & Development – contribute to the wellbeing of communities and households supporting those at greatest risk of homelessness. The Foundation is interested in applications that:
- Promote and provide affordable housing solutions.
- The Foundation continues to support Habitat for Humanity.
Arts & Culture – strategies that help to reveal and enhance the unique meaning, value, and character of the physical and social form of a community. The Foundation is interested in applications that:
- Focus on the use of arts and culture as a means of challenging social norms and promoting people or ideas that would otherwise not be recognised and/or celebrated.
- The Foundation has provided assistance to the Mungo Man, Back to Back Theatre and Geelong Performing Arts Centre.
Given the strong ties the Costa family has to Geelong, the Foundation’s focus for giving is on eligible projects and initiatives within the Geelong region.